Thursday, March 19, 2009

One Thing I Miss....


One thing I miss about living in the Midwest is the Thunderstorms. I've lived in California for almost 10 months and it has not stormed here once, and rained very seldom. In Indiana in the Spring we would have a powerful storm every couple of days.

There's just something thrilling about knowing a storm is coming. I love the calm before the storm and how you can sense it's on its way by the way the wind blows through the trees. There's a chill in the air. I love to get on the radar and watch & detect when it's coming & how strong it will be.
I love the security of being all tucked inside. I love to turn off the t.v. & radio and step outside watch the clouds roll in and listen to the thunder. I love the smell of the fresh air after it rains. It's calming, relaxing & comforting.

Do you like storms? Or do they scare you?





2 comments:

  1. Love them and miss them!!!!

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love storms!

    Hi Amanda! Just found your blog. Fun! I'll subscribe in my reader.

    ReplyDelete